Monday, January 02, 2006

Rainy day off

Today was not bad. I woke up made a very good smoothie... the first one I made in a long time, the best one I ever improvised. I need to eat breakfast more often. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; yet I so often neglect to nourish myself... sometimes I would even skip lunch (or munch on the Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies in the office cabinet... yum yum), then pick up a sandwich for dinner. Not the most healthy of habits lately.

Today was my bill paying day... how much fun it is to write checks to large businesses that take pride in making people poor. I feel so good about helping them... everything from outrageous rent to ridulous add-ons for the phone to the state require car insurance. I really should do my bills a week earlier or even before that, but I never do. I always cut it close to the deadlines.

I was planning on rewarding myself by seeing the 1:10 showing of King Kong... I got there only to be reminded, it is a holiday and it is raining outside... everyone in the world will be there. The line extended outside in the rain. I opt not to see the movie today then went to drop off my bills in a mailbox and rent check. Afterwards went home to watch tv and explore the internet. Exciting. But the fun doesn't end there... I went to the apartment complex's gym.

It was the first time back to the gym in about 2 weeks. Spent 12 mins on the elliptical and 30 mins on the treadmill. I felt winded on the elliptical; perhaps it is the extra weight I gained. I am now at 190 pounds... the most I have ever been. I am normally at 170-175. My major in college was in exercise sciences, so I know what needs to be done to get back down.

That is what is happening in my life.

No comments: