Friday, January 06, 2006

Me, a movie star? umm...

Alrighty then it is Friday night and I just got back from a Volunteer Appreciation party. Glad to be back at my cozy apartment. Not a big fan of those type of functions... a lot of small talk with people you really done know and I was the youngest there... it is a small town and most know everyone else and I am just the new kid on the block. (I know what you are thinking... but NO! I will not sing Step-by-Step... Ooo-baby... or any of those other teeny bobbers songs!)

Cool, I just got this email from a small movie studio... they saw my picture on the web and wanted to tell me about feature film being produced in Delaware. That would be fun and different to do. The website says:
##### will be shot in the spring of 2006 in Lewis, Delaware and lower Delaware. These are non-paying roles, but do offer you the chance to be in a full length motion picture. We will consider all regardless of past experience. As with any film the hours are extremely long and thankless. Serious and dedicated only please!!!

That sounds good... I will be able to take off a few days to do this. I read on...
Actors will need to be able to learn large segments of dialogue. Actors will be required to do nudity as it is part of the story.

Hmm... That would be interesting... Gooberman's dimpled tight-butt on the silver screen. Well, they got one thing right; it would be a horror movie if they got my butt on screen! Okay, I have not got any complaints about my butt. But (no pun intended...okay okay, pun very much intended), it would be fun to be in a movie.

I actually do have professional headshots and photos. I took some “classes” on how to be a commercial print model and tv/movie actor. Long story. The headshots were never given out and I was left with a big hole in my wallet.

I was in a movie before. That’s right! Gooberman was actually in the movie: Major League II. MLII was partially filmed at Camden Yards and I was there. So if you look very closely in the crowds at the end of the movie. Look into the stands. I am one of those dots..umm... errr... I mean... faces in the crowd. If you find me, let me know.

Another 15 seconds of fame, I was on stage with D.L. Hughley at the Miami Improv... months before he started his tv show "the hughleys". He called me up on stage thinking I was a stud. I got up there and had not clue what he was sayings. So I started to talk in Sign Language. I figured that would catch him off guard and shake things up a bit. He then questioned what a White guy like me was doing trying to listen to a black guy like him. He went on and on about that. I must say, that was humiliating for me to be up there… but I would not trade that moment for anything. After the show he came up to me and gave me a big manly hug. He was a nice guy.

Fine, you win… I was on another comedy stage before… at Comedy Sports in Northern Virginia; the comedians there invited me up on stage there too. It was fun it got some laughs, end of story. It is past my bedtime…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: