Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Quick, Call 911!

I needs someone to call, because I CHOKED at bowling tonight! Okay, the first game went well... the pins just did not feel like standing up. I ended up with a 230. The second game, the lanes became more dry. The ball just had a mind of its own and just sailed off into the sunset... which is not at all good because the sun was setting in CHINA! Ugh... the second game ended up with 190. The third game not too shabby... if you wanted to lose that game! Which we did. It all came down to the tenth frame and I am the last bowler, if I striked twice and knocked down some other pins, we would have won. Pressure is normally something I can handle in bowling and I normally excel in the tenth, but tonight was not that night. But my team won three out of the four, so that is a good thing. Another silly thing that happened, my zipper broke on my jacket. Still usable, but hard to grip. I have never heard of a zipper breaking where you grip it, they always tend to come apart at the teeth... golly gee whiz. I have had that ski jacket for ages... in fact I probably was born in that jacket. What can I say? Well, I have a new leather jacket on its way... I am excited about that.

The choking and broken zipper was just a part of the day. At work, when one thing doesn't go right, obviously other things HAVE to happen too. I think I read it in an encyclopedia somewhere... it is a scientific fact. Can anyone prove me otherwise? I thought not! You see, I noticed a mistake on a flyer that went out to 6000 people... a registration date wrong, so the date that was wrong will HAVE to be a very rainy day when people show up to sign up their child and NOBODY is there to take their registration (you know that is what is going to happen, it is the law of nature!)... but on the positive note, it said Tuesday and Wednesday (which is right) but the dates were wrong... AND calendar of events, it was listed correctly. Also, There was a email that I totally forgot about... it had dates for a different registration that needed to be on that newsletter... UGH. The programs insisted that I had those dates, but I could not recall getting it... after all it was buried in the email with some other items, that I do recall. Well that is easily correctable, but being the perfectionist I am, I know I am going to have to go boot shopping more often because I am losing them up my butt each time I kick myself.

No comments: