Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

Well, it is now 2005...umm I mean 2006... let's see how long it takes for me to kick the habit of writing "'05". I am thinking 2 maybe 3 weeks.

Celebrated the New Year at a friend of my sister's house... I also have got to know him a little over the years. Been to his large parties over the years, whether it was July 4th or New Years or just for the heck of it. He has an amazing townhouse in between Canton and Fells Point, which has a deck on the roof. A great view of the city and the fireworks over the Inner Harbor. I went with three of my neighbors... all three I have been playing card game with and even went to Kings Dominion. Two of them are old enough to be my parents which makes us an odd group of friends, but that is ok. Because of this I was worrying about how they felt at the party... they we definitely the oldest there, even though there were 30-40 people there. I was also not so talkative there... perhaps I was tired... perhaps I was just nervous about how my neighbors would feel there... perhaps I am just not a social person at large functions. There was a girl there who was the same age as I was... she seems nice enough, I think she was interested in me, but I had a hard time talking to her... but then again I had a hard time talking to everyone else, so I did pursue her.
I did not like who I was when I was there... I was shy, I was dry, and I was stiff. When that happens, it is not a good time for me, despite the neighborly friends as company. When I went to Kings Dominion with them, I had the time of my life. I felt comfortable, talkative, humorous.... it all just fit together all day. It was a great time.

So what was the difference between Kings Dominion and New Years? That is what I need to figure out... if I can get to feeling like I was at Kings Dominion, as confident as I was, then life would be good and my social life would be better. So my New Years Resolution... or for better terms, my goal is to be more social and get myself out more often to meet people. My goal is to go out on more dates, perhaps making me feel more comfortable socially. I have a good job that gives me financial independence and stability, established my work reputation as a successful hardworking individual. But there is nothing in the romantic department, one of the last pieces of the whole puzzle. Perhaps, that is the key to my happiness... just needs to find that significant other. Right now, as sad as it sounds, I am on my bed with my love... my precious cat. If it weren't for my cat, I don't know what I would do. I guess I just want to care for someone else, just as I care for my cat.

2006 has rung in, time to orchestrate my next symphony in life.

No comments: