Sunday, January 01, 2006

Just one of those days

Today was not one of my better days. I got up late, not in a very good mood. It all goes back to my un-understandable mind. I should be more upbeat, yet I feel so lonely and isolated. Pretty much all day I was unmotivated to do anything, feeling sorry for myself and wishing I were with some friends or a significant other. I felt like I would never find anyone else because I was destined to be single and alone. Gawd, I wish I were a female... I don't think I would have the same problems... even though this is 2006, this society still dictates guys have to make the first move, ask the girls out on dates. If it were the other way around, I am sure I would be having a lot healthier social life. I guess I will always be a hopeless romantic.

Throughout the day I wanted to go to Hops to grab a beer and something to eat as I watch the last week of regular season football. I don't always want to watch football, but today I was interested. I was going to go see the second half of the Ravens game, but never made it. Nor did the Ravens survive... the game got very ugly in the second half. They were laid to rest...maybe next season. The Redskins game came on next, more interesting game because it was a win or season is over game. The first half I watched, still in the shorts I wore overnight. Halftime came and went... finally I got my butt in gear and took a shower. I must admit, I love taking long showers. Because I don't pay for water at my apartment, I don't mind taking those long showers. I would just sit down as the water beats down on head and back. Just watching the water drop trickle off me and down the drain. I would wish I wouldn't have to get out... just stay there in the soothing shower. But all good things must come to an end.

I got dress and went to Hops to watch the last of the Redskins game. I was glad I went, got a good burger, beer and cheesecake. There was a funny older sitting across the bar from me... unfortunately I had no idea what they were saying but they reminded me of "The Jeffersons"... Where George would always be toying with his wife and mocking her behind her back.

Afterwards, I went to Giant to pickup a few groceries then went home to watch a movie; Hotel Rwanda... spectacular movie. It really shined light on an issue vastly ignored, as portrayed in the movie. I can relate to bits and pieces of it. Niger was not a genicide-affected country, but there was a lot of bribery and a lot of special treatment because we were white, let alone Americans. Niger is also very widely overlooked as a country. There is very little foreign interest in that country because there are no resources and reasons for people to invest... the temperature is extremely hot with high humidity, making it undesirable for living... there are no large animal sanctuaries for tourist to visit like in Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa... the government is corrupt and bribery is rampant scaring off a lot of interest. The only commodity of great interest is the people with huge hearts. It is a shame such terrible plights such of famine is overlooked because of the lack of resources the country can contribute to another.

No comments: