Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Gotta have fun

Today's theme was "gotta have fun". At work, my Office Assistant's (OA) daughter dropped by. When that happens, you can kiss productivity goodbye. My OA alone and I can have the oddest and most off the wall conversations, but when the DOA (Daughter of OA) you can expect nothing serious to come out of it. The two of them together is enough to make Andrew Dice Clay jealous. It was a lot of laughs, especially at the expense of each other.
Since it is (*looking at the clock*)...eh...was... Tuesday, it was also bowling night for me. I was simply pathetic up there. Even my best game was below my 197 average. It was probably the worst night of bowling since "Punky Brewster" was considered my hero. I ended up bowling a 195, 162, 147... for a total of 504. Despite the choking and the despicable scores, my team won three out of four... and most important, we had fun. I was in a wacky mood and talkative, I was able to enjoy the sport I have grown to make part of my life once a week for the past decade (on and off). I didn't take the ball's fear of knocking the pins down seriously. I even resisted the incredible urge to get the bumpers put up in the gutters to see how many times I can get the ball to bounce from one gutter to the next to even beat the scores I bowled tonight. It was fun tonight to kid around with my teammates and opponents for the goobers we are... even my teammate, Mr Whine-whine-whine-with-crackers-and-cheese was a bit more pleasant because of that little three letter "F" word. You gotta have fun. I just wish I could have that fun-loving feeling more often. I sometimes just cannot help myself from taking my life so seriously. Gotta go to bed, I have a council meeting tomorrow night... never the most fun-thing for me.

2 comments:

acw said...

Hey, sorry I totally missed you in my "invite post" for the happy hour. Do you think you're going to be able to make it out?

Gooberman said...

Thank you so very much for the invite. I would love to go... but I cannot that night. Definately, positively keep me in mind for next time.